Effective Date of Current Policy: March 26, 2021
This Policy applies to Personal Information that is Processed by Alta Fitness in the course of our business, including on Alta Fitness websites (each a “Site”), mobile applications, and other online, offline or in-store offerings (together with any and all future online and offline offerings operated by or on behalf of Alta Fitness, the “Services”). ”Personal Information” is any information relating, or reasonably capable of being linked, directly or indirectly, to an identified or identifiable natural person or household. All individuals whose responsibilities include the Processing of Personal Information on behalf of Alta Fitness are expected to protect that data by adherence to this Policy. This Policy is intended to meet requirements globally, including those in North America, Europe, APAC, and other jurisdictions. Alta Fitness adheres to the Industry Standard Privacy Principles with respect to such data.
TRANSPARENCY/NOTICE – TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Alta Fitness and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that Alta Fitness may collect Personal Information include:
- You may provide Personal Information directly to Alta Fitness through interacting with the Services, participating in surveys, during events, and requesting products, Services, or information.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
3.1 TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Alta Fitness collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective, and former clients, customers, users, visitors, guests, and Employees (collectively ”Individuals”).
- Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with Alta Fitness, requesting Services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Purchases. When you purchase products or services from Alta Fitness online or in-store, you must provide us with Personal Information, such as your name, email address, and mailing address that are associated with your debit/credit card. Please note that we do not store credit/debit card numbers.
- Communications with Us. We may also collect Personal Information from you such as email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our products and Services, register for a newsletter or loyalty program that we may offer from time to time, contact customer service or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys, product or service reviews, or in-person interviews and focus groups. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys or interviews is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Sites and/or services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein.
- Posting on the Site.We collect information you post through the Site. For example, when you interact with other users or the Site by posting a review or other materials, the Site will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Site, such content will be considered ”public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Automatic Data Collection.We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences. To the extent devices transmit location data through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals, we may also collect this data.
- Promotion. Occasionally we will partner with third parties on social media and online channels to sponsor Alta Fitness and promotions. Terms and conditions will accompany each promotion, and it is the responsibility of all entrants to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies carefully. If you choose to share your information in order to participate in a promotion, your entry information may be shared with such third parties.
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations, which may supplement information provided by you. This supplemental information can allow us to verify information that you have provided to Alta Fitness and enhances our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services. For example, if you access Third-Party services, such as Facebook or Twitter, to login to the Services or to share information about your experience with Alta Fitness, we may collect information from these Third-Party services in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such services.
3.2 HOW ALTA FITNESS USES YOUR INFORMATION
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested:Alta Fitness may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Support the tracking and recovery of your Alta Fitness and/or other products;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Alta Fitness’s Services;
- Allow you to register for events.
- Administrative Purposes:Alta Fitness may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in Alta Fitness’s Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on Alta Fitness’s Services and systems, and, in Alta Fitness’s discretion, changes to any Alta Fitness policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Comply with regulatory requirements, including collecting and using information relating to adverse effects you have experienced when using our products;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- Marketing Alta Fitness Products and Services: Alta Fitness may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content, products, or Services. Alta Fitness may provide you with these materials via online social platforms, websites, phone, text/SMS, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you and our sponsors;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 5 below.
- Research and Development:Alta Fitness may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, Alta Fitness may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
- Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from third parties, may receive periodic emails, referral offers, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on Alta Fitness’s or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions in Section 5 below.
- Mobile Devices. From time to time, Alta Fitness may provide Services that are specifically designed to be compatible and used on mobile devices. Alta Fitness will collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use such Services, like a device identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device. Mobile versions of Alta Fitness’s Services may require that users log in with an account. In such cases, information about use of mobile versions of the Services may be associated with user accounts. In addition, Alta Fitness may enable Individuals to download an application, widget, or other tool that can be used on mobile or other computing devices. Some of these tools may store information on mobile or other devices. These tools may transmit Personal Information to Alta Fitness to enable Individuals to access user accounts and to enable Alta Fitness to track use of these tools. Some of these tools may enable users to email reports and other information from the tool. Alta Fitness may use personal or non-identifiable information transmitted to Alta Fitness to enhance these tools, to develop new tools, for quality improvement and as otherwise described in this Policy or in other notices Alta Fitness provides.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information. Alta Fitness may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Alta Fitness’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Alta Fitness may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Alta Fitness and with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Information Submitted Via Services. You agree that Alta Fitness is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. Alta Fitness will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. Alta Fitness’s Services may offer various tools and functionality. For example, Alta Fitness may provide functionality on its Services that will allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by Alta Fitness or any other third parties for any other purpose.
- Other Uses. Alta Fitness may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
3.3 COOKIES, PIXEL TAGS/WEB BEACONS, AND ANALYTICS INFORMATION
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting and other providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. Google Analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
3.4 THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
The Site may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Alta Fitness does not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application that they interact with. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
The Site and our other Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
ONWARD TRANSFER – ALTA FITNESS MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share your information as described in this Policy (e.g., with our Third-Party service providers; to comply with legal obligations; to protect and defend our rights and property) or with your permission.
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. Alta Fitness has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. Alta Fitness may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested Alta Fitness may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with Alta Fitness’s name. Alta Fitness requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Alta Fitness provided them.
- Displaying to Other Users. The content you post to the Site may be displayed on the Site. Other users of the Site may be able to see some information about you, such as your name if you submit a review. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Marketing. Interest-Based Advertising and third party marketing. Through our Services, Alta Fitness may allow Third-Party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Alta Fitness related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requirements and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Alta Fitness policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Alta Fitness; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. Should such an event occur, Alta Fitness will endeavor to direct the transferee to use Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Policy in effect at the time such Personal Information was collected.
4.2 DATA TRANSFERS
All Personal Information collected via or by Alta Fitness may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, in the United States, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Alta Fitness, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
5.1 E-MAIL AND TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS
If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt-out of receiving future emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Note that you will continue to receive transaction-related emails regarding products or services you have requested. We may also send you certain communications regarding Alta Fitness and our Services and you will not be able to opt out of those communications (e.g., communications regarding updates to our Terms and Conditions or this Policy).
We maintain telephone ”do-not-call” and ”do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
5.2 DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track (”DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
5.3 COOKIES AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
EUROPE PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, including the European Union and Switzerland, please review these additional privacy disclosures which provide information about your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Alta Fitness LLC is the data controller with respect to any data transferred from the European Economic Area to the United States. Under the GDPR, you have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you in the United States. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You also have the right to correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to access, correct, amend, or delete Personal Information about you, or if you have any other inquiries or complaints, please firstname.lastname@example.org you can contact Alta Fitness via post at:
Alta Fitness LLC
200 Portland Street,
Boston, MA 02115 USA
Attention: General Counsel
Except as provided in this policy, we will provide an individual opt-out choice, or opt-in for sensitive data, before we share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To request to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to email@example.com.
Although Alta Fitness makes good faith efforts to respect requests from Individuals to access or delete their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which Alta Fitness is unable to provide access or deletion, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If Alta Fitness determines that access or deletion should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Alta Fitness will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making any changes to your Personal Information.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, please review these additional privacy disclosures, which provide a summary of how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information about you and explain your rights under California law.
7.1 CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT, USE, AND DISCLOSE FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES
We collect the following categories of Personal Information as described in Section 3.1 (Types of Personal Information We Collect) above:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and IP address.
- Commercial information, such as records of purchases and payment information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as log data and information about the devices and computers you use to access the Services.
- Geolocation data, such as GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals, where you have allowed access to that information.
- Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as photos.
- Other information you provide, such as responses to surveys or messages to customer service.
- Inferences drawn from any of the above, including about the content or ads that may be of interest to you.
California law requires that we provide transparency about Personal Information we ”sell,” which for the purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), broadly means scenarios in which Alta Fitness has shared Personal Information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration. In the preceding 12 months, we have ”sold” the following categories of personal information: name, email address, phone number. For information about opting out of the use of your information for these purposes, please visit the Alta Fitness Privacy Center.
7.2 YOUR RIGHTS AS A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents have the right to request access to or deletion of their Personal Information, to request additional details about our information practices, to opt out of the ”sale” of Personal Information, if applicable, and to not be discriminated against. Below we explain how you may exercise these rights.
- Access: You may request access to the specific pieces of Personal Information we have about you. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of Personal Information we collect, the sources of information, the types of third parties we share information with, the types of Personal Information we share for business purposes, and details about the information we have sold, if any. You may request access by visiting theAlta Fitness Privacy Center or calling us at 844-202-2011.
- Deletion: You may review, modify and request deletion of your Personal Information by making a deletion request when you visit theAlta Fitness Privacy Center or calling us at 844-202-2011.
Upon receipt of your request to exercise your rights to access and edit or delete your Personal Information, we will verify your identity to protect your security and privacy. After submitting a request, you will be required to verify your request via email so please monitor your email for a verification code. Note that even if we honor your request to delete your information, we may retain certain information as required or permitted by law, such as to ensure that we can honor our product warranty.
7.3 SHINE THE LIGHT
If you are a California resident, you also have the ability to ask us, once per year and free of charge, for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information, as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the contact information for such third parties. If you would like a copy of this notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alta Fitness only shares Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes as described herein or as you may consent.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
Alta Fitness retains the Personal Information we receive as described in this Policy for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide our products and services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to children under the age of 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16). If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
- OTHER RIGHTS AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- New Uses of Personal Information.Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt-out. Where consent of the Individual for the Processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, Alta Fitness will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
This Policy shall be implemented by Alta Fitness and all its operating divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates. Alta Fitness has put in place mechanisms to verify ongoing compliance with Industry Standard Privacy Principles and this Policy. Any Employee that violates these privacy principles will be subject to disciplinary procedures.
The following capitalized terms shall have the meanings herein as set forth below.
- ”Agent” means any entity that Processes Personal Information pursuant to the instructions of, and solely for, Alta Fitness or to which Alta Fitness discloses Personal Information for use on its behalf.
- ”Employee” refers to any current, temporary, permanent, prospective or former employee, director, contractor, worker, or retiree of Alta Fitness or its subsidiaries worldwide.
- ”Personal Information” is any information relating to, or reasonably capable of being linked, directly or indirectly, to an identified or identifiable natural person or household (”Individual”).
- ”Industry Standard Privacy Principles” means the following principles: (1) notice, (2), choice, (3) accountability for onward transfer, (4) security, (5) data integrity and purpose limitation, (6) access, and (7) recourse, enforcement, and liability.
- ”Process” or ”Processing” means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
- ”Sensitive Data” or ”Sensitive Personal Information” is a subset of Personal Information which, due to its nature, has been classified by law or by policy as deserving additional privacy and security protections. Sensitive Personal Information includes Personal Information regarding EU residents that is classified as a ”Special Category of Personal Data” under EU law, which consists of the following data elements: (1) race or ethnic origin; (2) political opinions; (3) religious or philosophical beliefs; (4) trade union membership; (5) genetic data; (6) biometric data where Processed to uniquely identify a person; (6) health information; (7) sexual orientation or information about the Individual’s sex life; or (8) information relating to the commission of a criminal offense.